Gas safety certificate London | CP12 | landlords gas reports
Serviceteam can provide you with a Gas Safety Certificate in London. This report is called a CP12 and is an essential purchase for a landlord renting property. If you need a gas certificate anywhere in London - North london, South london, West, East London and Central London. call us on 0800 009 6750.
Gas safety checks and reports
Gas safety certificates. Also known as - but not limited to - Gas safety checks, landlord safety certificate, CP12, landlords gas certificate, landlords certificates, rental certificates and gas safety reports.
Why do I need a Gas Safety Certificate?
It has been a legal requirement since 1996 for a landlord to hold a CP12 Certificate or Gas Safety Certificate for any rented properties that uses gas appliances. The certificate must be renewed annually and it ensures that any gas appliance and flue in the property are operating safely and within current standards.
Our 9 Point Landlords Gas Safety Inspection (CP12)
- Check all gas appliances and pipe work for air tightness
- Check the burner pressure & gas rate against manufactures recommendations
- Check for good ventilation
- Check standing and working pressure if test points available
- Test flue exhaust gases to the boiler is burning gas correctly
- Check for satisfactory operation of any flame failure devices
- Visual inspection for correct earthing of boiler and pipework
- Check for boiler stabilty and positioning
- Produce report (CP12) for both landlord and tenant
Our 3 Point Gas Safety Inspection for gas hobs and cookers
- Check isolation controls to hob
- Check gas ignition to hob
- Check all burners are running correctly and not blocked
Our 6 Point Gas Safety Inspection for gas fires
- Remove the fire and back plate
- Check that the chimney is clear and smoke pellet
- Refix plate and reinstall the fire
- Test for spillage
- Check for gas performance and efficiency
- Visual inspection of correct ventilation
I'm a landlord. What are my responsibilites regarding gas safety?
- Landlords have a legal requirement to have all gas fittings and flues serviced annually by a Gas safe engineer
- To ensure an annual safety check is carried out annually on each gas fitting appliance and flue
- Landlords must keep a copy of their certificate for a minimum of two years
- Ideally leave a copy of the certificate with the tenant at the premises tested
Flues which run in ceiling spaces and voids
Gas Safe registered engineers need to be able to see the flue. The flue take fumes away from the boiler. A flue in poor condition, combined with a boiler that is not working properly, could put you and your family in danger from carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you do have a boiler where all, or part of, the flue cannot be seen, you, or your landlord, will need to arrange for an inspection hatch to be fitted to allow the engineer to see the flue. From 1 January 2013, any Gas Safe registered engineer will turn the boiler off, with your permission and formally advise you not to use it until inspection hatches have been fitted in appropriate places.
Give us a call you are unsure how this affects you. We can also provide you with a free quotation for installing a flue hatch.
Serviceteam Gas Safety Certificates
- If in the course of the gas safety inspection, we find that the gas system is unsafe we cannot issue a certificate
- If the boiler needs a repair we will advise you before we commence remedial work
- We will make 3 copies of the certificate. 1 for the Landlord, 1 for the tenant and 1 for our records. We also keep a copy in your free customer account portal so you never lose it.
Providing services for landlords in London
We look after the gas safety requirements for several hundred landlords across London. We offer discounts for repeat business and multiple properties. We also offer favourable rates to estate agents and property managing agents. Call us on 0207 837 4914 and discuss your requirements with one of our team.